Sunday, February 8, 2009

Iced GREEN tea

I love green tea, its a great thirst quencher, not to mention its many health benefits.
Brewing iced green tea is about as easy as filling a pitcher with water. To make a good green tea to be drank cold, there is no need to heat the water or allow a steeping time. With hot green tea, steeping time can be pretty tricky. Too long of steeping time, and instead of a smooth drink you end up with something bitter.
And I don't know this for a fact, but I believe that the cold brew method might actually preserve more of the delicate good-for-you things in the tea, as opposed to subjecting them to heat.
So, here's how to brew a gallon of delicious, thirst quenching, good for you, green tea!

Simply put tea bags into cool water in a jar or pitcher! I use 4 tea bags to a gallon, but depending on your tastes and the size of your container, you may want more or less. Set this in the refrigerator, and it will brew on its own. In 45 minutes to an hour, its ready!
I leave the tea bags in there until its gone, then I start with a fresh batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment