Sunday, March 8, 2009

Left-overs: Too much spaghetti or too much sauce

I never can seem to get it right. I either make too much sauce for my spaghetti noodles, or too much noodles for the amount of sauce I make. Either way, you have to figure out what to do with the excess.

So, here are two great suggestions for either scenario!

Too much sauce: Cut up a chicken, put in crock pot, and pour your leftover spaghetti sauce over it. Cook on low until done. Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese if you want. Very tasty!

Too much spaghetti: My family loves this one. Saute the noodles in a little oil. You can add a bit of diced onion if you want. You want the noodles to brown, but only slightly. Add vegetables, whatever you have on hand and want to use up. Then add a shake or two of soy sauce. Season with whatever you like. I am fond (as I have mentioned) of Peppered Season-all. Serve and enjoy! Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment