Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cream of Spinach Soup

I really enjoy Mark Bittman's blog. He has a lot of good recipes and really good advice from time to time.
Last night I made Cream of Spinach Soup, which I got from his blog. It was absolutely delicious, and I will bet that the 1/4 cup or so thats left over will be on daughter # 3's mind as soon as we get home today.

1 # spinach (I used frozen. I would not recommend canned at all)
onions (he calls for spring onions or scallions, I had regular "spanish onions, and diced them up fine)
3 cups
homemade chicken stock
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to barely a simmer, cook about 10 minutes.
Add a pinch of nutmeg
Kosher salt
Blend the soup. (I used a hand blender, worked great)
Add a cup or so of cream, or as in my case, half-n-half

Slurp!

No comments:

Post a Comment