Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Aunt Nell's Curry Dip, aka " yellow sauce"

It's been called "yellow sauce" around our house for years. My first knowledge of it was that is was from Aunt Nell, although where it originally came from I don't know. Maybe Aunt Nell invented it.

It has been my experience with this stuff that you either like it, or don't. I have not encountered any in-betweens with this stuff.

We use it as a meat dip, a sauce to use especially with ham and turkey. In fact, I find it hard to eat either without this sauce.

CURRY DIP:
2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp. tumeric
2 tsp. curry powder
4 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice (I use real-lemon)
2 cloves garlic (1/4 tsp. garlic powder)
1/4 cup minced parsley

"Mix ingredients together and refrigerate. Will keep a long time."

Its also good as a sandwich spread for ham or turkey sandwiches.

I would also think it might be good as a vegetable dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment