Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gran's Deviled Eggs

One of my earliest memories of my Mom's mom (Gran) was her taking a plate of deviled eggs to a sick friend. This had to be in about '66 or'67.

Gran's deviled eggs were the best, and I am so glad that I had her write it down, as it is one recipe that was not in her wooden recipe box, which I now have.

There are no exact measurements here, you just have to use your own judgement.

I usually boil 18 eggs, peel and cool, cut in half
Mash yolks, add a cup or so, give or take, of mayonaise. NOT miracle whip. Its easier to add more than to take it out if you get too much.
Now Gran used regular yellow mustard. I have taken to using spicy brown mustard. Either way, a little less than a tablespoon of it.
About a tsp. of salt, again, go easy, adding more if needed.
Now add a "little bit" of apple cider VINEGAR. I usually just pour a little bit into the cap.
Mix all up, put into egg halves.
Sprinkle with paprika if you want.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment